Estimated reading time: 2 1/2 minutes
We all have an inner yearning to be our true selves—as though our soul is calling us home! Despite our best attempts this deep connection with ourselves, can remain elusive!! When we come into the world, most of us are connected to our innate sense of joy and happiness. We can lose this sense of joy if we do not tap into our innate ability to handle life’s challenging situations by being conditioned (taught repeatedly) that authorities or external sources know what is best for us.
Others may have great ideas and be a great source of inspiration when it “resonates” with us, then it is right for us. Our intuition is our best guide. Ultimately nobody knows what is best for us better than ourselves. We are our best guru!!
Just be yourself, there is no-one better
How to be yourself:
- Work out your goals: If you are not the captain of your ship it is easy to get swept into murky waters. The Universe responds to CLEAR intent. Send out your intentions to the universe ideally every morning so it can support you manifest your dreams during the day.
- Observe your thoughts: Many thoughts you may think are your own, however upon careful observation, they may not be yours at all, but ones unconsciously adopted from others. Given the choice, you would not choose them as your own. Challenge your thoughts and choose ones that support your goals and dreams.
- Empower yourself: Listen to your gut instinct, what is it that you want? Others may have conditioned you to believe that they know better for you than you. Even if you make mistakes, they are your learning experiences that will make you stronger and more resilient in the long run. If a butterfly is assisted out of its cocoon when it is hatching it does not survive as it does not develop the strength it needs. So too it is with us—our experiences are our experiences and help us to learn and grow. Create space in your life where you go beyond the chatter of your mind, by meditating, taking a walk on the beach or in nature for example. Learn to listen and act on you inner guidance. Trust yourself.
- Take responsibility: for the things that are important to you such as your feelings, your money (budget and take care of it) and your health. Caring for yourself is a sign of independence and high self-esteem which is different from the ego which puts itself first at the expense of others! Lovingly take care and value your magnificent self. Get organised, so you are not doing things the long hard way due to disorganisation. Clean your room, file your paperwork and resolve any issues with people as they occur. Rather than having unresolved things weighing you down energetically you will be free to flow in the present moment.
- Value yourself: you are worthy of love and abundance. Giving and receiving equally create balance and harmony. Share your gifts and talents to elevate the world and to express your joy. When we do not feel worthy, we can subconsciously block love which is our birthright, our natural state. Express your joy and passion and allow abundance to flow into your life.
Finding ourselves is a process of self-actualization, about becoming a full expression of ourselves by increasing our self-awareness and focusing our thoughts to create the life we want.. The journey itself can be challenging as we move through any areas of resistance but mostly enlightening as we grow and expand in peace and contentment.
To discover more about finding yourself see: Bliss Every Day eCourse