Estimated reading time: 1 1/2 minutes
Make these 5 simple snacks for yourself or your children to enjoy when you would usually reach for a sweet treat. Adore them in moderation!
- Homemade Ice Blocks/Popsicles. Making them at home means, you know exactly what is going into them. I recommend combining fresh fruit with; lemon/lime infused water, natural yoghurt, or fruit juice (with no added sugar).
Tip: If you don’t have ice block moulds, you can use plastic cups and paddle pop sticks!
- Mini Pancakes. Combine 2 lightly whisked eggs, 1 1/2 cups of gluten free wholemeal flour, 2 mashed bananas and a handful of blueberries. Fry 2 Tbsp of batter over a low/medium heat and will have a delicious snack!
- Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Dip a thin coat of dark chocolate onto your freshly washed strawberries and put them in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets. Fact: Dark Chocolate is packed with antioxidants and strawberries are a superfood, so it’s a powerful combination (to be enjoyed in moderation)!
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn. Heat your popcorn kernels at medium temperature in a cooking pot (grazed with canola oil) with a lid! Once the popcorn is popped, transfer it to a bowl and lightly dust with a blend of ground cinnamon and coconut sugar (a natural sweetener).
- Rasberry Chia Pudding. In the blender, puree 1 cup of fresh raspberries and 2 cups of coconut milk. Pour into a container and mix in 6 Tbsp of chia seeds and then refrigerate (ensure the container is sealed well). Tip: When serving, put in a glass cup and use fresh berries for decoration.