Evolving your relationship takes dedication and effort. A meditation practice, as a couple, can be extremely beneficial in creating a stronger bond. Meditation is all about finding your inner peace and communicating with each other at a deeper level. Couples meditation can bring benefits to those in happy and healthy relationships and to others who are struggling.
Meditation, because some answers can only be found on the inner net
– Shira Tamir
- Get in a quiet place, in your home, workplace, your car or in nature.
- Sit comfortably, either cross-legged on the floor or a chair with your feet flat on the floor facing your partner, almost touching at the knees but not quite.
- Put your hand’s on top of your thighs.
- Keep your spine straight so that your energy is running freely from your tailbone to the top of your head.
- Close your eyes.
- Take three deep breaths in and out through your nose, allowing your stomach to expand as you do.
- Tune into your partner’s breath. Do not force it, gently synchronise, so you become more and more aligned and are breathing together.
- If you find yourself thinking, acknowledge the thoughts and let them go without judgement. Tune into your own and your partner’s breath. This will anchor you again and clear your mind.
- Keep the practice up for 10 to 15 minutes per day. Setting a timer can help.
Meditation can help your body return to a calm, relaxed state after the threat of danger, or help you to cope with daily stress. Meditation helps your body to naturally rejuvenate, repair, and rebuild itself. It also improves your athletic performance by refining your ability to focus on a goal or situation and boosts your immune system by slowing the production of the stress hormone, Cortisol.
You may find yourself communicating with your partner without words, expressing your emotions and being able to understand your partner’s inner voice. Your energies merge during meditation, bringing you closer together. Meditating daily as a couple will help not only to allow you to feel more in-tune and aligned while meditating, the benefits will flow to all other areas of your life.
Don’t forget to check out our DIY meditation guide.